Welcome

Welcome to the world of favored online portals. Here you can get the link for the portals which will be something new and helpful for you. You will find something that you may not be aware of. I also take privilege to call on the portal owners to add about their own portals. Cheers!!! to "PAKKA". Want to co author this blog, kindly mail us at parasgandhi@blogomania.in

Friday, August 31, 2007

BookMyShow


Utility value : 7/10!!!
Whats in it? Movie and PLay ticket booking online...


I was waiting for such a site to come up. If you can have a yatra.com for booking flights on a single platform, why not a single platform for booking Movie tickets throughout India? And viola, I present to you http://www.bookmyshow.com/ . Its a complete site. It has associations with all the major Multiplexes. I think only Fame is missing out at this point, but I am sure it will join in. It has its own picks of the week and the top ten movie suggestions. I think its a great site, a single point to see the lowest rates for movies in theaters you can go to. this was a gap which was waiting to be filled and I am happy it has been filled. Also, it gives much needed platform to PLAYS. as tickets for plays will also be available here soon. So I give them 2 thumbs up!


My dissapointment - a rather big one, is that the site has only signed up with Multiplexes who anyways have e-ticketing facility on their own sites. It would be much better if this site cud have Single theaters as their partners and sell their tickets online. I think the single theater owners are suffering enough and if they are given this platform , it would boost their sales. I belive the theater owners are also at fault, if they dont approach this site. As we know they dont have the capital to come up with their own site. Nor does the volume of sales warranty a site, but if this site is used, the cost would be shared between many single theater owners. I think BookMyShow can give this platform to small theaters at cheap rates.


About this site - Its started by Bigtree Entertainment Pvt. Ltd. which was founded in 1999and is India's premiere comprehensive ticketing, information and analysis solutions provider.

No comments: